Advice for your boudoir photoshoot
A boudoir photoshoot is an amazing experience that every woman should do at least once! If you want to feel amazing, sexy and confident and give a fantastic present to your partner, a boudoir photoshoot is for you. Preparation is the key to a successful photoshoot so here are some tips for you:
1. Choose a photographer you trust and with the style you like. Look at the photographer’s portfolio of work. If they offer other services and you know them already that relationship is already established. Female boudoir photographers are preferable and can make you feel more comfortable during the shoot.
2. Give yourself enough time. When booking a shoot you need to allow enough time for your own preparation and for the photographer to retouch the images and order your products.
3. Don’t wait until you “have lost a few more pounds”. Be active, eat well but don’t obsess over weight. Most of us are always unhappy with our bodies. Flattering outfits and the right camera angles will make you look stunning!
4. Get inspirations, Pin away! Use Pinterest to create a secret board and pin ladies you love, actress you find sexy, photo ideas for your hair and make up. You can find some ideas here: www.pinterest.com/martinazando/
5. Choose outfits you feel confident and sexy in. You don’t have to limit yourself to lingerie. Think shirts, scarfs, hot pants, t-shirt and sweaters can all look sexy! Choose at least 5 outfits based on both what you and what your partner likes most. Don’t forget accessories that you like or are meaningful to you.
6. Prepare your body: hair, waxing, threading, nails and moisturizing. Do not leave this to the last minute. Start preparing a week before so that there are no red marks and irritations just before the shoot; have your nails done as they are a major focus of boudoir photos.
7. What music makes you feel sexy? Find some tunes that make you feel sexy (I am obsessed with “Lean On” by Major Lazer). You can play them before the shoot to get in the mood and have a little dance to yourself. Bring them to the photoshoot to feel super sexy.
8. Bring a friend. That girlfriend that makes you feel confident and amazing can help you out during the shoot. Do not bring your partner, this is an experience for you! They will see the finished product and enjoy immensely.
9. Ask questions to your photographer. As professional boudoir photographers we know how to advice you on preparation, outfits and locations. If you have any question, please ask! We know a boudoir shoot can be intimidating so a good photographer will make you feel as prepared as possible in order to enjoy the day.
10.Most importantly, have fun! A boudoir shoot is a chance to treat yourself, experience something new, feel sexy and have a fun adventure!
Interested? We offer a FREE pre-consultations to answer all your questions about the shoot, meet in persona and see if you like what we offer. No commitment to book.